Monday 6 February 2012

Chili Egg Veg, Pan Asian Style (Baby corn & Potato)


My lill Z boy keeps me very busy these days. I spend lot of time putting him to sleep... God! he just wants me to carry him in my arms and walk around the house for hours together and then finally he falls a sleep. Phew...... & again in between he keeps getting up and the procession goes on:) Finally somehow I got a small break. These days I just run to the kitchen and make something really fast. I would have spent maximum 20 mins in the kitchen to make this dish. Thanks to the 4 burner gas that I can do many things at the same time.


Here is the recipe:
3 Eggs Boiled and cut into half (Shallow fry the egg in a pan)
1 large onion chopped layered
4 chopped Garlic pods
1 inch chopper ginger
6 to 8 Red dried chili
8 thinly slant sliced baby corn
1 large Potato sliced & boiled (Like fat finger chips)
1 tbspn Oil
1 tbspn Food Thickener  or 1 tbspn corn flour
1 tbspn Dark Soya Sauce, 1 tbspn Tomato ketchup, 1 tspn oyster sauce, 1/2 tspn sweet so ya sauce, 1tspn Lemon juice
In a large Pan (Kadai/Wok) add in oil fry the ginger, garlic, Red dried Chili, onion, baby corn, potato and stir fry for 3 to 5 mins. Now add in 1 big cup of water & 1 tbspn food thickener. If you don't have food thickener you can add corn flour.


Tip: For corn flour paste. In a half cup water add in corn flour and make a liquid paste. Add this at last to the curry and just cook for 2 mis. Keep stirring while you do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by and leaving a lovely comment...Your comments means a lot to me and; it defenitley does motivate me to do more. Happy to have you in my space &; hope to see you again soon.

Sheela:)