Monday 15 July 2013

Salted Caramel chocolate cheese cake



No Bake cheese cakes are the easiest to make & its definitely a crowd pleazer recipe. By being a little creative you can make the cheese cake look very stunning. The main thing is in setting the cheese cake & making it look appealing. The basic no bake cheese cake recipe is very simple & no one can go wrong. 2 weeks ago when my friend was around, I asked her if she has had cheese cakes before? She said no & since i made some cream cheese lying in the fridge for weeks, i thought will make some cheese cake. I have always made just one flavour cheese cakes, so thought this time will mix caramel & chocolate. Since my friend is a die hard fan of chocolate, I decided to go with this flavour.My hubby hates Chocolate cheese cake & he just had a small piece. The cake turned out perfect & it was really a rich cake. The most enjoyed people were my friend & my son:) When I served my friend with a piece, she was like "Waw!" you are totally a professional & this looks like a international standard. As usual I just blushed:)


I made a small quantity of caramel sauce as I had only 1/2 cup of whipped cream left in the fridge. The cake was well balanced & tasted yumm. This is a must try for all chocolate lovers. This is how I made it.

Ingredients:
  • 250gms Cream Cheese (I used local Cream Cheese )
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 cup melted semi sweet chocolate
  • 1 cup Milk
  • 100 gms Agar agar powder or 1.5 Tbsp gelatine
  • 1/2 cup warm water
  • 10- 15 digestive biscuits
  • 50 gms Butter
 
Method:
  1. Crush the Digestive Biscuits in the Mixer. Add 50 gms of butter to this powdered biscuits & make a base in a cake tin 8 0r 9 inch (square/round mold or spring form pan). I made a high base till it reaches half way of the tin. You can choose to make a short base.
  2. In an electric beater beat the cream cheese, sugar, melted chocolate & milk to a smooth mixture.
  3. Add 100 gms of agar agar to 1/2 cup hot water & stir continuously so no lumps are formed. Now microwave this mixture for 30 seconds & mix it well to remove any lumps from them. Set this aside to cool down.
  4. Once cooled, Pour in this mixture to the cream cheese mixture & mix well. Pour this into the mold & chill this in the freezer for an hour or in the fridge to set for 5 to 8 hours.
  5. After an hour remove the cheese cake mixture & pour the caramel sauce on top of the cake evenly. Now put this back in the freezer for about 15 to 20 mins to set.
  6. After its set a little, remove the cake out & top it up with the thick rich chocolate ganache. Now put it back in the fridge & not freezer this time. Cover the cake with a silver foil or cling wrap & refrigerate it for at least 2 hours to set well.
  7. Now the cheese cake is ready to serve.


(My cake piece did not come out clean coz I cut it immediately once it was out from freezer. Please wait for the cake to stay in room temperature for some time & only then cut it to get clean pieces.)



Caramel Sauce:
  • 1 cups granulated sugar
  • 2 Tbspn unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 1/4 tspn salt
Directions:

  1. First, make sure you have all of the ingredients ready. Once you start the caramel sauce you have to pay close attention so you don't burn it.
  2. Heat the sugar over medium high-heat in the saucepan. When the sugar starts to melt, start whisking the sugar. The sugar will clump up, but keep whisking. It will continue to melt. When the sugar is melted, stop whisking. You can swirl the pan to move the sugar around.Continue cooking the sugar until it reaches a deep amber colour. Make sure you watch the pan very closely. This is where it is easy to burn the caramel.
  3. As soon as the sugar reaches the dark amber colour, carefully add the butter & salt. Whisk until butter is melted.
  4. Remove the pan from the heat and slowly pour in the heavy cream. Whisk until cream is incorporated and caramel is smooth.
  5.  Let the caramel sauce cool  &once cooled, Pour the caramel into a air tight box and refrigerate it. You can store the salted caramel sauce in the refrigerator for about a month.

Thick Chocolate ganache
  • 1 cup dark chocolate chips
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream
  • 3 Tbspn of sugar
  • Pinch of salt.
Directions:
  1. Bring the cream to a boil along with sugar & salt. Now add in the chocolate chips into the hot cream & wait until all the chocolate is melted. Once it is cooled a little, use it on the cake immediately. If you allow it to cool down completely the chocolate will become hard & crumbly.



 

10 comments:

  1. I am not into desserts and anything with chocs but I would love to try this no bake cheesecake. I am always looking for such recipes, easy to make and many will drool over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious and very tempting cake, looks so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the simplicity of this recipe, and your photos make it even more appealing. Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, extremely tempting! That cheescake is a fantastic trea. I wish I could taste it right now.

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  5. so lovely cheesecake... when u get time, do visit my place...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great..love both chocolate and salted caramel and it's a double treat

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a stunning cake..really amazing..tempting clicks..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Stopping by and leaving a lovely comment...Your comments means a lot to me and; it defenitley does motivate me to do more. Happy to have you in my space &; hope to see you again soon.

Sheela:)