Monday 25 February 2013

Kadai Paneer


I love Paneer & I make Paneer dishes more often. I made this dish tonight for dinner to go along with Roti. Although I have made Kadai Paneer in the past many times, I thought of trying a different recipe this time. Upon doing some research, I really loved Rak's Kadai Paneer recipe. I just followed the way she had mentioned. Even I make the same way, except that I don't add coarse coriander & kasuri methi. This recipe turned out very good. Just a few changes in the ingredient really took my regular kadai Paneer recipe to a different level.

Ingredients

1 Cup Paneer cubes in room temperature
2 large tomatoes chopped
2 medium onion chopped
1 Medium green capsicum
2 green chili deseeded & slit
1 Tspn ginger & garlic chopped into small pieces
2 Tbsp Oil
1 Tbspn toasted & crushed whole coriander seeds
1 tspn Kasuri Methi
1/4 Tspn Sugar
Salt as per taste
Coriander leaves & 1/4 tspn of crushed corinders seeds to garnish
Masala powder
  • 1 Tbsp Coriander powder
  • 1/4 tspn turmeric powder
  • 1 Tspn Kashmiri chili powder
Method:
In a Kadai/ Pan/ Wok add 2 tbsp of oil. Once the oil is heated add in crushed coriander seeds, ginger garlic pieces, onion & fry them till they are translucent. Now add in chopped tomatoes, green chilis,  all the masalas mentioned in the above list & fry them till you see fat separation. which will take around 3 to 4 mins. Now add in the kasuri Methi, salt, sugar give it a good mix. Now add the Paneer & cook this for a minute with closed lid. Finally add in the capsicum give it a good stir. Turn off the flame & close the lid. Garnish the dish with fresh coriander leaves just before serving. Kadai Paneer is ready!

Here is the step by step pictures

 

1 comment:

Thanks for Stopping by and leaving a lovely comment...Your comments means a lot to me and; it defenitley does motivate me to do more. Happy to have you in my space &; hope to see you again soon.

Sheela:)