Tuesday 25 August 2015

Pineapple Pachadi - Onam Sadhya Recipes








Here is the 4th recipe I am sharing for Onam sadhya. Looking at the pachadi picture my mouth is watering. I love Pineapple Pachadi & I sometimes make it when I make Biriyani. This pachadi has a proper balance of sweet, spice, savory. I also liek to eat it just like that. I have always used canned Pineapple to make this Pachadi. If you dont get canned ones, use the fresh ones. Make sure you clean & cut them well. If you are using canned ones, then make sure you drain the liquid off .  This is how I made it...

Serves: 8 people
Making time: 20 - 30 minutes

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups canned Pineapple chopped into cubes
  • Small onion/shallots - 2, sliced
  • Green chilli - 1-2, slit lengthwise
  • Chopped ginger - 1 tsp
  • Grated coconut - ½ cup
  • Chopped garlic - ¼ tsp
  • Jeera/Cumin - a pinch
  • 1 cup Yogurt beaten
  • 1/4 tspn turmeric powder
  • Salt
  • 1 Tbspn Coconut oil
  • Curry leaves
For tempering
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • 1 tspn mustard seeds
  • 1/2 tspn fenugreek seeds
  • 2 - 3 red dried chili
  • handful of curry leaves
Method:

  1. Grind together coconut, chopped garlic and jeera with 2-3 tbsp water to a smooth paste. Whisk the yogurt and keep aside.
  2. Heat oil in a pan and add sliced small onion,green chilli, ginger, curry leaves and salt. Stir it for 2 mins. Now add in the Pineapple cubes, turmeric powder,  Add ½ - ¾ cup water. Cook for about 1 minute. 
  3. Add coconut paste, cook for 2 - 3 mins till the raw taste of coconut changes. Remove from fire and add whisked yogurt. Combine well.
  4. Bring back to fire and keep stirring for 3-5 mins on low flame. Do not let it boil.
  5.  Heat oil in a tempering kadai and splutter the mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, dry red chillies and curry leaves. Now pour this tempering on top of the Pachadi. 
  6. The dish has a medium thick consistency.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by and leaving a lovely comment...Your comments means a lot to me and; it defenitley does motivate me to do more. Happy to have you in my space &; hope to see you again soon.

Sheela:)