Wednesday 2 April 2014

Orange Chicken


I can never get tired with chicken & there are so many ways to cook them. They are so versatile & tastes good even with just some salt & pepper. My freezer always has some chicken in stock. I probably cook chicken at least 3 to 4 times a week. Yes you heard me right... we are big time chicken eaters:) I cant think of a week without having them. The only time I hated it was when I was pregnant. I just couldn't stand the name, smell nor picture of a chicken dish. I don't know what that pregnancy harmone had done to me, that I hated to eat non veg & specially chicken. Well now coming back to today's post, this is a very simple chicken recipe which is very similar to many Indian Chinese chicken recipes. This is how I made it.


Serves: 4 people
Making time: 30-40 minutes

Ingredients
  • 300 gms Boneless Chicken (Thigh)
  • 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
  • 3 Tbsp. Corn flour
  • 1 egg slightly beaten
  • 1.5 Tsp. Chilli Powder
  • 3 Tbsp. Light Soya Sauce
  • 2 tbspn chili sauce
  • 1 Tsp. black Pepper
  • 2 Green Chili Chopped
  • 2 Tbsp Garlic minced
  • 1 Tbsp minced Ginger
  • Juice of 1 orange (1/4 cup)
  • zest of two orange (4 Tbspn)
  • Salt as per taste
  • Less than 1/4 cup water
  • hand full of chopped spring onions to garnish
  • Cooking Oil for Frying
Method:
  1. Make a semi thick batter with all-purpose flour, corn flour, eggs, salt & water. 
  2. Dip the boneless chicken in this batter & fry it in hot oil for 3-5 mins. Remove them when they are cooked & set aside.
  3. In a wok/ Pan add 2 tbspn of oil, fry ginger, garlic, green chili for a 30 seconds
  4. Now add in all the sauces, Chili powder, pepper powder & fry for 1/2 a minute. 
  5. Add orange juice,  the chicken toss well & fry this till all the sauces are blended well to the chicken.
  6. Finally add in the grated orange zest &  chopped spring onions give it a good mix.
  7. Serve this hot as appetisers or along with Fried Rice, steamed rice or anything that you wish to have:)



6 comments:

  1. U eat a lot if chicken girl.. I guess all non vegetarians are obsessed with chicken , my brother eats chicken as much as you but not this week as its navratra..
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your recipes..everything looks very tasty .... this chicken is no exception!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made something similar therefore I can vouch on the lovely flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trust me, i cant take my eyes from ur clicks Shella, sooooo irresistible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOO, looks great. Nice presentation - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Stopping by and leaving a lovely comment...Your comments means a lot to me and; it defenitley does motivate me to do more. Happy to have you in my space &; hope to see you again soon.

Sheela:)