Friday 9 March 2012

Gherkin Fry with Toasted Almonds

Off late I have been trying out different veggies in my diet. I made this for dinner tonight & it tasted good:). I never get this veggie as I don't like it. But thought will try making a dry fry. Gherkins are called as Thondekai in Kannada & Thindora in Hindi I guess. Its a very simple fry but tastes great. Being a great non veg fan I liked it & will get this more often.

Ingredients:
1 Cup cleaned & cut Gherkin
1 small onion chopped
2 cloves of Garlic chopped
1 Tspn Chili Powder
1/4 Tspn Turmeric Powder
8 to 10 Toasted Almonds
1 Tbsp Oil
Salt as per taste

Method: In a pan add oil fry onion & garlic till golden brown. Now add in Chili powder, Turmeric, salt  &Gherkins, Fry this on simmer for about 8 mins. Garnish this with toasted almonds.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by and leaving a lovely comment...Your comments means a lot to me and; it defenitley does motivate me to do more. Happy to have you in my space &; hope to see you again soon.

Sheela:)