Friday 22 June 2012

Chocolate Cheese Cake

If chocolate is good for the soul, then adding it to a cheesecake is like going to heaven. No wonder chocolate cheesecake recipes are so popular. This is a very easy recipe & the best part is no need to bake this. Since my hubby is not a great fan of cheesecakes, I had to eat majority of this. I actually froze some of these & you know what?? It tasted like chocolate ice cream. Since my Hubby loves Ice cream he loved this when he eat it frozen. Here is the recipe


Ingredients:
500gms Cream Cheese (I used Philadelphia Cram Cheese Block)
200 gms powdered sugar
100gms melted semi sweet chocolate
2 cup Milk
1 Tbsp Gelatin
1/4 cup warm water
6 - 8 digestive biscuits
2 tbsp Butter


Method: Crush the Digestive Biscuits in the Mixer. Add 2 tbsp of butter to this powdered biscuits & make a base in a cake tin (square/round mold). In an electric beater beat the cream cheese, sugar, melted chocolate & milk to a smooth mixture. Add 1 tbsp Gelatine to 1/4 cup hot water & stir continuously so no lumps are formed. Pour in this mixture to the cream cheese mixture & mix well. Pour this into the mold & chill this in the freezer for an hour or in the fridge to set for 5 to 8 hours. 


Note: 

  • Once its out from the freezer, put it back into the fridge. 
  • For best results, try & consume this withing 2 days.
  • If you freeze it for too long in the freezer it will taste like Ice Cream:) which you can do if you have made lots.
  • If you want you can add more sugar. I added less sugar in my cheese cake.
  • Garnish it with some coco powder


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by and leaving a lovely comment...Your comments means a lot to me and; it defenitley does motivate me to do more. Happy to have you in my space &; hope to see you again soon.

Sheela:)