Friday 22 June 2012

Multi-grain Bread Pudding

I had some left over Multi -grain bread slices & I thought of making some pudding. Whole grain bread becomes dry & hard after 2 days so best thing to do is make pudding. This is a healthier choice dessert. To add more flavor, I garnished this with toasted almonds & chocolate chips. There are many ways of doing bread pudding & this is one of it. You can also use white bread & more butter if you want it rich. You can serve this with some chocolate sauce or whipped cream.This is how I made this..


Ingredients
5 slice Multigrain Bread
2 cup milk
2 eggs
4 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp butter
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
1/4 Tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Almond flakes
2 Tbsp Chocolate chips


Method: Whisk 2 egg whites fluffy, add in yolk, milk, sugar, salt, vanilla essence & mix well. Grease the cake tin with some oil or butter. Dip the bread slice in the egg mixture & place in in the greased tin. repeat this for all the slices. Pour the remaining mixture on top of the bread slices. Garnish this with Almond flakes, chocolate chips & butter. Bake this for 20- 30 minutes in the oven at 180 degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by and leaving a lovely comment...Your comments means a lot to me and; it defenitley does motivate me to do more. Happy to have you in my space &; hope to see you again soon.

Sheela:)