Tuesday 31 July 2012

Donuts



Feeding my lill boy is a big task. He rarely feels hungry & is happy just with milk. I tried feeding him donuts once and he just loved it. He also asked for more...:)  I was so happy to know that he at least likes this. Immediately i decided to make these at home. After doing some recipe research on the net I finalised on this & they came out beautiful. Before this I also tried another recipe which dint turn out as good as these. These donuts were very soft & tasty. My hubby hates donuts but he loved the once I made. He says: these are the best donuts he ever had:) The recipe is very simple & easy. You have to try them at home. Well I made this for my 1 year old son but he had 1, me & my hubby had more than 4 hahahahaha:)

Ingredients
  • 1envelopes active dry yeast (11gms)
  • 1/2 cup warm water
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 Tbsp Butter
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • vegetable oil for frying
For the glaze:
  • 2 Tbsp butter
  • 2 cups Icing sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 4 tablespoons hot water or as needed
  • Color Optional

Method: Sprinkle the yeast over the warm water, and let stand for 5 minutes, or until foamy. In a large bowl, mix together the yeast mixture, sugar, salt, eggs, butter, and 3 cups of the flour. Mix for a few minutes with a wooden spoon until the dough no longer sticks to the bowl. Knead for about 5 minutes, or until smooth and elastic. Place the dough into a greased bowl, and cover. Set in a warm place to rise until double. Dough is ready if you touch it, and the indention remains. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface, and gently roll out to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut with a floured doughnut cutter. Let doughnuts sit out to rise again until double. Cover loosely with a cloth.
For the Glaze: Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla until smooth. Remove from heat, and stir in hot water one tablespoon at a time until the icing is somewhat thin, but not watery. Set aside.

Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large heavy skillet .Slide doughnuts into the hot oil using a wide spatula. Turn doughnuts over as they rise to the surface. You can also use chopsticks to turn over the donuts. Fry doughnuts on each side until golden brown. Remove from hot oil, to drain on a wire rack. Dip doughnuts into the glaze while still hot, and set onto wire racks to drain off excess. Keep a cookie sheet or tray under racks for easier clean up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by and leaving a lovely comment...Your comments means a lot to me and; it defenitley does motivate me to do more. Happy to have you in my space &; hope to see you again soon.

Sheela:)