Wednesday 9 January 2013

Chicken Flavoured Dal Makhani

have become so lazy these days & rarely blog. I have now started making handmade jewellery & been spending more time there:) I have also been experimenting on many new recipes but haven't captured any pics for those. I need to get more organised & give equal amount of time for blogging as well.
This my version of easy Dal Makhni. I have not added butter into this & its not a traditional North Indian recipe. I have added Chicken cube in it for a nice chicken flavour. I add chicken cubes most of the time in my Dal recipes. You can omit this if you want. Here is the recipe...
Ingredients

  • 1 cup whole black lentils ( whole black Urad dal )
  • 1 tsp cumin seeds
  • 1-2 tsp green chillies, sliced thinly
  • 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
  • 1 tsp cumin-coriander powder
  • 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
  • 1 medium red onion
  • 1 medium tomatoes chopped
  • 1 tsp dried Fenugreek leaves ( Kasuri Methi )
  • 2 Tbsp Oil
  • 2-3 cloves
  • 2" cinnamon stick
  • 1 Bay leaf
  • 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
  • 1 knorr chicken cube (optional)
  • 1/2 cup Milk or cream
  • 1 Tspn Lime Juice
  • salt to taste and coriander leaves to garnish
 Method:

Soak the black urad dal for atleast 3 to 4 hours & pressure cook them until soft. In a Pan add oil & fry cloves, cinnamon stick, bay leaf for a minute. Add in ginger garlic paste, onion & fry until translucent. Now add in the tomatoes & all the masalas along with chicken cube. Fry this well until fat separation. Finally add in the cooked dal, milk or cream, Kasuri methi, salt. Cook this on low flame for 5 mins & garnish it with coriander leaves.


Note:

This is not a traditional north Indian Dal Makhni. Its my version & I have added chicken cube for a nice chicken flavour in the Dal. You can omit this. however chicken cube really enhances the flavour of dal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by and leaving a lovely comment...Your comments means a lot to me and; it defenitley does motivate me to do more. Happy to have you in my space &; hope to see you again soon.

Sheela:)