Monday 4 February 2013

Red Velvet cake

 
After 2 years of stay in Estella, we are now moving to the heart of the city. Well we have had a great stay at Estella & have made so many good friends. My lill boy Zion has more friends than me in the Condo. He is quite popular among the kids because of his active friendly nature:) I thought why not throw a farewell party to all his friends. I immediately finalised on a very easy simple "Rainbow "Theme. Rainbow is the most cost effective, easy to execute theme. You just have to make the party colourful:) I wanted to make all the kids snacks at home & came up with a vegetarian menu. I made Rainbow Butter cookies, Red Velvet Cake with ganache & cream filling, cake pops, Puff veggie starts, veg spring rolls, Popcorn, Cheese Sandwich & Lemonade. I had cup cake decorating activity as part of the party. The kids loved this activity & they were so excited to decorate their own cupcakes & have it

Well I will be sharing just the Red velvet cake recipe. for now. This cake turned out so moist & tasty. Since I had some left over Ganache from my previous cake order, I used it as a filling too. The cake is decorated with whipped cream & I used the ruffle tip to make the ruffle pattern on the cake. This is a best cake for Valentine's day celebration. I am going to make this cake again soon. 

Ingredients


  • 100gms Butter
  • 2 eggs beaten
  • 1.1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
  • 2 Tbsp red food coloring
  • 1.1/4 cups flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 Teaspoon Baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon vinegar
Method:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In the bowl of a mixer, cream together the Butter, eggs and sugar. In a separate small bowl, mix together the cocoa and food coloring. Add the paste to the Butter mixture. Sift the flour, baking soda, powder and salt together over parchment. Add to the batter alternately with the buttermilk in 3 additions. Add the vanilla extract & Vinegar. Pour the batter into 2 greased 6-inch cake pans. Bake for 30 minutes or until an inserted cake tester comes out clean. Let cool on a cooling rack. Invert the cakes from the pans.


Whipped cream Frosting:
I whipped 2 cups of heavy whipping cream with 1 cup of powder sugar to stiff peaks. Filled the piping bag with this & decotated the cake.

Chocolate Ganache:

  • 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips


  • 1 cup heavy whipping cream


  • 1 tbsp butter


  •  
    Method: bring heavy whipping cream to a rolling boil. turn off the stove, now add in the chocolate chips & butter to the cream mixture. Let it rest for 5 mins. Keep stirring it in between. Once the chocolate chips are melted well, allow it to cool &  refrigerate it for atleast 2 hours. Now its ready to use for frosting.

Assembling the cake:
I cut the cake into 3 layer. I spead ganache & cream on each of the cake layers & frosted the cake. Please refrigerate the cake & serve it chill.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by and leaving a lovely comment...Your comments means a lot to me and; it defenitley does motivate me to do more. Happy to have you in my space &; hope to see you again soon.

Sheela:)