Saturday 9 February 2013

Veg Kurma


I have been experimenting with many veggie recipes these days & wanted to give a lill twist to the normal kurma. I made this recipe twice this week & everyone just loved this. This was one of the main course in yesterdays dinner menu. I have added almonds instead of cashew as they are healthier option. I also make some fresh Paneer (chenna) & added them in to the curry. Home made Paneer is so soft & creamy unlike store brought ones.  You can actually add any vegetables you want to make this dish. This is again a keep & share recipe. Lets get cooking this.

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups mixed vegetables (I used beans, carrot, cauliflower, frozen green peas & potatoes)
  • 2 large onion chopped
  • 1 tomatoes
  • 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
  • 1 tspn coriander powder
  • 1/4 tspn turmeric powder
  • 1 inch Cinnamon
  • 3 cloves
  • 4 cardamom
  • 2 tbsp oil
  • 1 cup grated coconut
  • Handful of almonds
  • 2 green chilis slit
  • Salt as per taste
  • water as required

MethodIn a Pan add oil fry onions, ginger garlic paste, Cinnamon, cardamom, cloves for 3 mins or until translucent. Now add in tomatoes & fry till they are soft. Once this mixture is a little cool add in almonds, coconut & grind them into a smooth paste in a blender/mixie. In the microwave half cook the vegetables & set aside. Now Again in the same kadai / pan add in the ground paste, turmeric, coriander powder & boiled vegetables. Add 1.2 cup of water, salt close lid & cook this for about 3 to 5 mins or until done. Finally add in the fresh chenna & give a slow mix. Yummy kurma is ready.

Note:

Since I want my son also to eat this, I dint add in  more chilis. However you can add more chilis if you like it spicy.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by and leaving a lovely comment...Your comments means a lot to me and; it defenitley does motivate me to do more. Happy to have you in my space &; hope to see you again soon.

Sheela:)