Tuesday 17 July 2012

Carrot Cup Cakes


We picked up almost 6 tp 7 packs of Carrots during Zion's Bday thinking we will make Carrot Halwa for his Bday Party. Later realised that there was enough dessert for the party, hence we dropped the idea. Well my fridge veg box was full of carrots& I had to use them in all my cooking to finish them off. I thought of making some carrot cup cakes . These cup cakes were very moist & tasty. I did not use butter in this recipe but if you want you can add. & here is the recipe...

Ingredients
2 Large carrots finely grated
2 cups of All purpose Flour
2 Cups of Sugar
1 Cup of sunflower Oil (Any cooking oil)
1 Cup of Milk
1 Tsp Baking Soda
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp Salt
2 Eggs (Beat them seperately with a whisk)

Method: In a large mixing bowl add  all the above ingredients except carrots & make a batter. Please ensure there are no lumps. Now add in the grated carrots & mix well. Line the Cup cake tray with the cup cake covers & pour 1 Tbsp of mixture into the cup cake covers. Bake them at 175 for 20 minutes in a preheated oven.

Note:
  • Sieve the All purpose flour, baking powder & soda before adding.
  • I did not use electric mixer
  • if required you can add more milk (but don't make the batter very thin)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by and leaving a lovely comment...Your comments means a lot to me and; it defenitley does motivate me to do more. Happy to have you in my space &; hope to see you again soon.

Sheela:)