Saturday 2 March 2013

Chicken Curry



Mostly I plan my menu according to my hubby's taste. This morning as usual I gave him some options & asked him to choose on what he wants for lunch. He said, I want a simple plain chicken curry. He & curry are like best friends. He is a curry lover & cant do without it. I was too bored to make the boring chicken curry. My taste buds always craves for something new & different. I had some fresh plums that I had picked up from the market, so thought of adding that in the curry. I made it in a very different style than the regular chicken curry. This curry turned out super super tasty. My hubby was all praises about this dish & was licking the plate:) Lol. Before I forget that recipe, I decided to jot down in the blog today itself. This goes well with Rice, Roti, dosa hmmmm.... arey! everything I say...This is how I made it & you must definitely try this one.

Ingredients
  • 1 Kg chicken
  • 2 onions thinly sliced
  • 2 plums chopped
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 star aniz
  • 1 Tbsp Kashmiri chili powder
  • 1/4 Tspn Turmeric powder
  • 1 Tbspn coriander powder
  • 1/2 Tspn Cumin powder
  • 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
  • Salt as per taste
  • coriander leaves to garnish
  • To grind:
  • 1 Tbsp ginger & garlic pieces
  • 1 medium tomatoes
  • 1 inch Cinnamon stick
  • 3 Cardamom
  • 4 Cloves
  • 1 Tbspn Souf seeds
  • 1 Tspn cumin seeds
  • (Note: Dry roast cinnamon, cloves, souf & cumin before grinding)
Method:
  1. Fry onions till they are translucent in a Pan/ Kadai
  2. Add in bay leaf, star Aniz, tomatoes, plums & the ground paste.
  3. Once the tomatoes are soft add in all the masalas & salt as per taste. Cook this for about 3 to 5 mins or until fat separation
  4. Into this add in the washed chicken & give it a good stir. Now cook this on low flame for about 10 mins. The curry is ready, garnish this with coriander leaves. If you want you can add some water which I dint.

Note:
  • You need to grind the items mentioned in the to grind list to a very smooth paste.
  • The Plums have a little sour taste in it & it balances the curry flavour very well. Just in case you have very sweet plums, than may be you can add some lemon juice.
  • Mine was a semi thick gravy as I dint want to add any extra water.
  • Some information on plums http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plum

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by and leaving a lovely comment...Your comments means a lot to me and; it defenitley does motivate me to do more. Happy to have you in my space &; hope to see you again soon.

Sheela:)