Wednesday 6 March 2013

Oats Idli



Weight Loss has always been there in my mind. Every time I start my exercise regime, my very new friend "Back Pain" stops me from going any further:(. When it comes to food, I can never compromise on the taste. Food has been given the NO1 priority at home since my childhood. My mom was & has been making very tasty rich food. However I always make tasty food but avoid the richness in my everyday food. I know there are many of you like me who cannot compromise on good food. Hence I have decided to come up with super healthy tasty recipes that will fill your tummy, taste buds & also help you stay healthy. I am going to try this diet which I will post it once I achieve some results.

Well I plan my menu a day before. Last night I asked my maid to make sambar in the morning & told her for breakfast we will make oats & have it with sambar. Although I was not very keen on having it, but still for the weight loss sake decided will have it. As usual my hubby's day starts very early in the morning. His meetings starts mostly by 6am , back to back & goes on till 10 or even 11am. I had my usual morning cup of coffee & was waiting for my hubby to have breakfast together. It was half past 9 & I was very hungry. My hunger was signally me that oats & sambar is not going to satisfy you. Sheela please think of something else healthy & tasty. I quickly thought of Oats Idli & made it the way I make Rava Idli. I must say that this was really tasty & definitely healthy. Its very simple to make & can make it within20 mins. This is a must try recipe & Anybody can cook this.

Ingredients:
  • 1 Cup Oats
  • 1/4 Cup Rava (Semolina)
  • 1/2 Cup Curd
  • 1.5 Tspn Eno
  • 2 Tspn Lemon juice
  • 1 Carrot grated (You can use any vegetable you want)
  • 1 Tspn chopped Ginger
  • 1 Tbsp Moong dal
  • 1 Tspn mustard seeds
  • 6 to 8 curry leaves
  • Pinch of Hing (Optional)
  • 1 Tbsp Oil
  • Salt as per taste
  • 1/2 Cup water
Method:
  1. In a Pan add a Tbsp of oil. Once the oil is hot crackle the mustard seeds, add in curry leaves, hing, moong dal & fry for a minute.
  2. Now turn off the heat & set this aside. In a Pan dry roast the oats & semolina separately for few minutes until fragrant.
  3. In a bowl mix all the ingredients (1 & 2) together with curd, grated carrots, Eno salt & sufficient water to get the idli batter consistency. Its ok if its a little thin.
  4. Now grease the Idli making vessel & steam them for 10 mins. Oats Idlis are ready:)

Note:
  • You can add any vegetables to this batter
  • I am planning to try these again with some green peas & carrots.
  • Eno is the main agent in this recipe to make the idli smooth & get the right texture.


 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the reaѕοn that the admіn of this web sіte
    іѕ working, no question veгy гapiԁly
    it will be famοus, ԁuе to itѕ
    fеature contents.

    Feel fгeе to ѵisіt my pagе :: augen lasern

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have bееn ехploring
    fοг a bit fοr any high quаlity aгticles or weblog
    postѕ in thiѕ κind of houѕе .
    Εхрlοrіng іn Yahoο I at last stumblеԁ
    uρon this wеbѕite. Studyіng this іnformаtion Ѕο i am happу
    to shоw that I've an incredibly just right uncanny feeling I discovered just what I needed. I such a lot undoubtedly will make certain to do not omit this web site and give it a glance regularly.

    Feel free to visit my weblog augen lasern

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Stopping by and leaving a lovely comment...Your comments means a lot to me and; it defenitley does motivate me to do more. Happy to have you in my space &; hope to see you again soon.

Sheela:)