Wednesday 8 May 2013

Omelette



Zion's food habits is like Singapore Weather. I don't know when it changes. Some times he loves rice & sometimes just locks his mouth. For the past 2 days my boy has been refusing rice & not even having Chapati or paratas. He is a big chicken fan, can eat only chicken the whole day & survive kinds:) Every Mommy knows how difficult it is to feed the little ones. But we Mommy's are very good at trick feeding. Since last evening I have been thinking of something nutritious & delicious dish for zion. Should look different at the same time should have a combination of carbohydrates, fats, protein & vitamins. Since he likes eggs thought of adding in some veggies & making it a power pact lunch for him.

This is nothing extraordinary but the combination, presentation & flavour is excellent. BTW this is just not a toddler food, even Adults can have it too. Since Zion likes curry flavour, I gave added a pinch of curry powder (Garam Masala or chicken curry powder) . Well you can add any vegetables to this.I  He loved his lunch & was excited to see something very different. This is how I made it


Serves 1
Cooking time: 30 mins

Ingredients:
  • 1 Egg beaten
  • 1 Potato grated
  • 1/2 carrots grated
  • Pinch of Ginger
  • 1 Tbsp of Parmesan Cheese
  • 2 Tbsp cooked Rice
  • salt as per taste
  • Pinch of curry powder (Chicken curry powder)
  • few coriander leaves
  • 1 Tbsp Butter
Method:
  1. Boil the grated Potato, Carrots for about 8 to 10 mins, until its done. Drain water & set aside
  2. Now add in half portion of boiled vegetables to the egg mixture & also add in cooked rice, ginger, cheese, coriander leaves, curry powder, salt. Mix this well
  3. Now pour it on a heated buttered pan & cook it closed for about a minute.
  4. Roll it & cook on both sides until done


Here is a step by step picture

Note:
I added only half of boiled vegeteable for this dish. The rest I will use it for making another set at night.

2 comments:

  1. I can compare Singapore's weather to Malaysia. You don't know when it will rain or the sun will be beaming high. Lovely omelette and yes, powered one too. My other half will adore it for his night meals. Good change compared to the plain versions of omelette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This my all time fav breakfast.love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Stopping by and leaving a lovely comment...Your comments means a lot to me and; it defenitley does motivate me to do more. Happy to have you in my space &; hope to see you again soon.

Sheela:)