Friday 3 May 2013

Roast Chicken



If you have been following my blog for sometime then you must have realised that I love to experiment with food. Interest in food & cooking started when I was in 5th Standard. On weekends when my parents & sister used to sleep in the afternoon, I will be in the kitchen experimenting something. Fortunately I think I am blessed with magic in my hands. From those days I have been able to cook tasty food. My friends say that "Any one can cook "but very few people are gifted & whatever they make it turns out good. My friends who have tasted my food keep saying that even though they try my recipes they some how fail to get the same taste as I get:) Now I take pride in saying that I am gifted:) Some self praise.

Well my hubby is my food critic & because of him today I have reached a totally different level in cooking. All the heavy duty cooking started only after marriage. Before that I used to love cooking but never cooked as much as I do now. Going forward all my culinary innovation will be named after C2K (Corporate2kitchen), I made this chicken roast 2 weeks ago & I must confess that this is one of the best chicken roast I have ever had. The flavours were so mild & the chicken was marinated so well that we could feel the juices inside the chicken. The pic was taken at night a7 thats why the clarity is not so good. This chicken got over the same night.:) This is how I made it.



Serves: 4 chicken lovers.

Ingredients:
  • 1 whole chicken with skin on
  • 2 tbsp tomato paste
  • 1/4 tspn cardamom powder
  • 1 tbsp chili powder
  • 1/2 tspn cumin powder
  • 1/2 tspn coriander powder
  • 2 tbsp thick coconut cream
  • salt as per taste
  • 1 Tspn Kasuri Methi
  • 1 tbsp Soya sauce
  • 1/2 Tspn Coarsely powdered black pepper powder
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice
  • 2 tbsp butter
  • 1 tbsp Ginger garlic paste
Method:
  • Make a paste with all the above ingredients.
  • Marinade the chicken well with this paste, Try & apply this paste between the chicken & the skin. Make sure that the chicken is well coated  & let it sit in the fridge for at least 2 to 4 hours. (You can also keep it overnight)
  • Now preheat the oven to 260 degree for 10 mins & bake for about 45 to 60 mins in the middle rack.
  • After 30 mins of baking you will see that the chicken is 70 % done & lot of fat separation around the tray.
  • Scoop off some fat with a spoon & pour it on top of the chicken & let it bake until the chicken is full cooked.
 

3 comments:

  1. the roast looks really delicious... glad to have come across ur page, following you... :)
    http://sweettoothraf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Stopping by and leaving a lovely comment...Your comments means a lot to me and; it defenitley does motivate me to do more. Happy to have you in my space &; hope to see you again soon.

Sheela:)