Thursday 14 November 2013

Dulce De Leche Cake


Happy Children's day & here is the treat for Children's day!

We had a special guest over for lunch on Sunday & I cooked so many things. I made 3 types of starters, Prawn Ghee roast, Prawn Pepper fry, & Chicken 65 to go with drinks. For the Main course it was Appam, Chicken Stew , Beef Fry, Chicken Biriyani & Pineapple Raita. For the dessert it was our home fav " Banoffee pie.Our guest was so happy to see & try so many different variety of food. He kept saying very good for every dish that he tasted & also said it was of 5 star standard:) Now tell me what else do I need? I was all flying in the air:).Sundays are my maid's off days & I had to manage all by myself. I had told her to cut all the vegetables that I need in the morning itself, so it was easier for me to cook. All went on well & I was able to cook all of the above, except Beef fry under 2 hours. I had made Beef fry the previous night, as it taste better as it gets older.


Since I had some left over Dulce De leche, I thought of baking a cake with it. Xmas season being around the corner, we all want to bake different kinds of goodies. This is a very nice cake to make as part of your X'mas baking. I just baked this cake this afternoon & its so moist & yummy. The flavor, texture is amazing & I loved this cake. My lill Zion also loved it & had a big slice, which is very unusual of him. The recipe is very simple just like the way I make butter cake, with just an addition of Dulce de Leche. If you have been following my blog, then you know that I have a post on how to make Dulce de leche. Just to add color & make the picture look bright, I just chopped some grapes, cranberries & garnished the cake. I also sprinkled some icing sugar to give it a Xmas feeling. This is how I made the cake. 




Serves: 15 slices
Preparation time: 15 mins
Baking time: 40- 45 mins

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup +2 tbspn of Plain Flour
  • 180 gms Salted Butter
  • 1.5 Tspn of baking powder
  • 1/4 Tin or 7 tspn of Dulce de leche sauce
  • 2 Large eggs
  • 1/2 cup of sugar
  • 1/4 tspn of salt
  • 1 Tspn Vanilla essence
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 175°C and place rack in centre of oven. Butter and line an 8-inch Chiffon cake pan/round cake tin/6 inch square tin. 
  2. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
  3. In the mixing bowl beat the butter, Dulce de leche and sugar until smooth. Continue beating on high speed until light and fluffy for 3 mins. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla  and beat until incorporated.This should take about 2 mins.
  4. Add the flour mixture and mix just until incorporated. Or for 1/2 minute on high speed with the electric beater. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth the top.
  5. Bake for about 40 - 45 mins.
  6. Remove the cake from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool for about 20 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and cool completely.




11 comments:

  1. That looks so moist and love the brown top on that cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..this cake looks so yumm and moist..love to have a bite..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had a last slice last night:) This is indeed very yummy cake

      Delete
  3. The cake is awesome and wish I can taste a slice of it. You surely impressed your guest with the spread of dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cake looks really moist with tender crumbs! Your party menu sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would love to have a couple of slices, looks too good..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my blog :).....I thought I had been following ur blog here, guess it was through FB...started following ur space through blogger too :)...

    The cake looks moist and tempting and what an amazing spread for ur guests ..good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so good! Definitely going to try this! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sheela,
    Bookmarked this recipe long back but didn't hav the courage to try to make Dulce de Leche at home.
    Atlast made it today and used it in the cake n the cake tasted very yummy. Thanks you for posting
    such a wonderful recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Stopping by and leaving a lovely comment...Your comments means a lot to me and; it defenitley does motivate me to do more. Happy to have you in my space &; hope to see you again soon.

Sheela:)