Tuesday 20 January 2015

Banofee Cake



From today my lill boy is going for full day school. All these while I knew that I had to pick him by 2 & then he is at home troubling me & talking non stop. Today its noon time & I am already missing him. Hope he does better in school & enjoys the full day. Now that I have a lot of time alone, I really have to utilize it very well. Currently I am watching this series "Switched at Birth" & whenever I am bored I watch this on Netflix. Currently I am watching it too:) Today I am sharing with you all a very tasty & my favorite cake recipe "Banoffe Cake" Its a simple Vanilla sponge cake with Banana, toffee & whipped cream filling. I had made this cake couple of months ago for one of my friends Birthday celebration. This is how it is made..


Makes: 8 inch 2 layered cake
Serves: 15-20 people
Making time: 60-90 minutes

Ingredients:
  • For the Basic sponge cake recipe click here
  • For the toffee sauce click here
  • 3 cups Heavy whipping cream
  • 1/2 cup icing sugar
  • 1/2 tspn Vanilla Extract
  • 3 medium riped Bananas cut into small rings.
Method:
  1. Whip the cream along with sugar & Vanilla until stiff peaks. You will need t use an electric beater or whisk attachment for the stand mixer. This process will take about 4 to 6 minutes. Once the cream reaches stiff peaks, just refrigerate it.
  2. Once the cake has been cooled down, cut them into 2 half's or just one depending on the height of your cake.
  3. Apply a layer of Toffee sauce (Dulce de leche) on top of the cake, now layer the chopped Bananas on top & then the whipped cream with a spatula.
  4. If you have another layer of cake, then continue the same process of layering, sauce, banana & cream. Once the layering is done, cover the whole cake with whipped cream.
  5. I used a star tip, colored the whipped cream with shades of pink & designed the cake.
 
 


 

2 comments:

  1. nice, looks like a delicious recipe. thanks for posting this recipe, i love toffee.


    Simon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Stopping by and leaving a lovely comment...Your comments means a lot to me and; it defenitley does motivate me to do more. Happy to have you in my space &; hope to see you again soon.

Sheela:)