Sunday 10 May 2015

Chicken Lollipop





Sorry guys for not being so active in this space. You all know that I am an entrepreneur at "Sweet Zions Bake house" This small caking business has kept me very busy these days. This month is the month of birthdays & I was having cake orders every other days. We were also out on a holiday last week to Disney Florida. So all in all the May month is & has been a wonderful month. 

Today got up early as Hubby had to go for cricket practice. I am happy coz my son is still asleep & I thought will soon post one recipe. Whenever I have house parties, my friends keep asking me for recipes of dishes that I made. So today I am sharing this mouthwatering, very famous in mine & my mom's kitchen "Chicken Lollipop"  




Making time: 45 mins
Serves: 8- 10 people (20 lollipops)
Cooking time: 8-10 mins

Ingredients:

  • 10 chicken wings
  • 1/2 cup all purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup Corn flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tbspn ginger garlic paste
  • 1 tbspn red chili powder
  • 1/2 tspn cumin powder
  • 1/2 tspn garam masala powder
  • 1/4 tspn back peppercorns
  • 2 tbspn lemon juice
  • 4 tbspn of water
  • salt as per taste
  • color optional.  (I use kashmiri red chili which given natural coloring)
  • oil for deep frying
Method:
  1. You need to clean the wings & make lollipops out of them. Watch this video on how to make it here
  2. Lightly beat the 2 eggs & make a paste with flours, ginger garlic, cumin, chili, pepper, Garam masala, lemon juice, salt & water. 
  3. Marinade the lollipops in this paste & set in in the fridge for at least 2 to 4 hours, Overnight is even better. 
  4. Heat the oil until its very hot, now turn off the flame to medium, slowly start dropping the lollipops in the oil & fry them on medium flame for 5 minutes & on high flame for 2 to 3 minutes. Once they are evenly cooked, just remove them and put hem on a kitchen paper towel to remove any access oil.
Note:
  1. The main point to note to have crispy juicy chicken is to fry them at the right temperature. You need to make sure you fry them in medium heat & then in high heat. In medium heat the chicken will slowly cook inside & still will retain the moisture. High heat in the last stage will ensure that the outer coating gets crispy. 
  2. If you fry them in high heat throughout, you will end up with a dry, burnt lollipops.
  3. Add extra water to the paste to get the right consistency. The paste should be like a pan cake batter consistency 


1 comment:

  1. You have a lovely space here do visit mine at your leisure :)
    https://theculinarytrail.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Stopping by and leaving a lovely comment...Your comments means a lot to me and; it defenitley does motivate me to do more. Happy to have you in my space &; hope to see you again soon.

Sheela:)