Tuesday 13 March 2012

Tofu & Chicken Nugget Canapes

 It was Sunday already & my weekly grocery shopping was still pending. However I was planning to buy them in the evening. While doing my pantry check just found some frozen Chicken Nuggets & pressed Tofu (Soya) In the fridge. Wanted to make something interesting & Canapes idea just popped into my head. This is a very easy recipe & this Canapes tasted yummy.
 
Ingredients:
 
  • 1 Pack pressed Tofu (Soya) (You can use Paneer as well)
  • 5 Pan fried Chicken Nuggets
  • Half green Capsicum
  • Half Onion
  • Small Piece Green Apple cut into small chunks
  • 1 Tspn Chili Powder
  • 1/4 Tsp Cumin Powder
  • 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
  • Pinch of Turmeric powder
  • 5 Tbsp Breadcrumbs
  • 1 Tbsp Oil for Pan frying
 
Method:
 
  1. Make a thick paste of Chili, Cumin, Turmeric, salt & Lime juice.
  2. Cut the Tofu into square shape & marinate it with the paste for about 20 mins.
  3. Now coat them with breadcrumbs  & Pan fry them on both sides.
  4. After this is done, just pan fry the Capsicum & Onion (Cut them into square as well) By doing this the raw smell goes off.
  5. Finally arrange them the way you want.I have placed a small slice of green apple on top. If you want you can place a tooth pick in the center.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by and leaving a lovely comment...Your comments means a lot to me and; it defenitley does motivate me to do more. Happy to have you in my space &; hope to see you again soon.

Sheela:)