Monday 18 June 2012

Jungle Safari Cake

Jungle Safari Cake that I made for Zion's 1st Birthday party





Helicopter view of the cake

I made the Chocolate cupcakes & the stand too

I have been so busy for the last 3 weeks running around to put things together for my son Zion's first birthday. Finally the Party on 16th June 2012 went on very well & I am so glad that I baked & decorated his birthday cake. All the guests said wow... & just loved the cake. You won't believe that I wasn't getting good sleep for many nights thinking about how the cake would turn out on the final day. I felt as if I was preparing for the board Exam. This was the first time I baked such a huge cake.


The birthday theme was Jungle Safari & I made a jungle theme cake.  It was a 4 kilo Chocolate cake with Chocolate butter cream icing. The top layer cake was chocolate fondant. I decorated the cake only the morning of 16th. It took me about 2.5 hrs to decorate the entire cake. 


In between all this preparation my son was sick for the last 1 week. He had high fever & I had to juggle between taking care of him & at the same time going out picking stuff for decoration, baking & bla bla bla..... 


I will be posting the recipe soon for this cake. Right now Zion is still sick. I am also too tired after all the running around & sleepless night. I am going to start a small home business & sell home made cakes in Singapore. I am all excited about this & I hope this works out well.


My liill handsome boy is getting ready for the party








8 comments:

  1. This is a really gorgeous cake - you should be so proud of it!!!
    mary x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Mary:) This was my first attempt in making a big fondant cake. After seeing this cake I started getting orders from my friends:)

      Delete
  2. Really good work..... Where in Singapore did u buy the cupcake toppers (animal faces) from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the waterfall part of the cake it looks so natural.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow amazing...loved the cake and loved the cake stand too....awesome work dear...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Stopping by and leaving a lovely comment...Your comments means a lot to me and; it defenitley does motivate me to do more. Happy to have you in my space &; hope to see you again soon.

Sheela:)