Tuesday 27 January 2015

Kesari Bath



The weather here is getting better & this week we see sunshine everyday. It feels good to see the Sun after a long time. However the fluctuating weather has made all of us sick. Zion is home this week as he is down with fever. When he is home, I cant do anything. He is full time around me & doesn't let me do anything.

Today I will be sharing Kesari Bath Recipe. This is one easy Indian sweet recipe. When I crave for Indian Ghee sweets, this is the one I make it as it can be done is less than 30 minutes. It was Pongal 2 weeks ago & I decided to celebrate it at home by making the traditional South Indian Tamil food. I made Khara Pongal, Medu Vada, sambar, chutney & Kesari Bath. Since my friend was getting Sweet Pongal, I decided to make Kesari Bath for sweet instead. It is also called as Rava Kesari, Suji ka Halwa in Hindi. This sweet is made in all parts of India & is given different names. There are also different recipes for this but this is how I make it & is the best.


Serves: 5 people
Making time: 30 minutes


Ingredients:
  • 1 cup Semolina
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup Ghee (Clarified Butter)
  • 1/4 tspn Elachi powder
  • 1 tspn Orange color
  • 2.5 cups water
  • 1/4 tspn Salt
  • Handful of chopped cashew nuts or Almonds

Method:
  1. Dry roast semolina on medium flame for about 3 to 5 minutes, until you smell a nice aroma & the semolina becomes crispy.
  2. In a heavy bottom Pan, add water sugar, elachi powder, salt & bring this to a boil. Reduce the flame to medium. While the water is boiling, add the color & dry roasted semolina slowly while continuously stirring. The semolina will start to bubble but keep stirring.
  3. Now cover a lid & allow the semolina to cook for 2- 3 minutes on low flame. Now give it a good mix with a spoon. By this time the semolina will be fully cooked.
  4. Finally add in the Ghee into the semolina & give a good mix. Cover the lid & continue to simmer for another minute. Turn of the flame & let Kesari Bath rest in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes. Garnish the Kesari Bath with chopped nuts & its ready to serve.


 

2 comments:

  1. i really like suji ka halwa in this cold winter weather
    keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very tempting kesari...lovely presentation:)
    Hope to see you sometime soon in my space:)
    www.masalakorb.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Stopping by and leaving a lovely comment...Your comments means a lot to me and; it defenitley does motivate me to do more. Happy to have you in my space &; hope to see you again soon.

Sheela:)