Sunday 11 March 2012

Chicken Ghee Roast



My mouth starts watering when I hear Ghee roast:) Well this time when I made this I used the powders unlike I ground masala to paste in my Prawn Ghee roast Recipe. I made this yesterday for lunch & I just couldn't stop licking my fingers & the plate too... I used chicken thigh with leg for this dish. But you can use any pieces that you like. I feel with bone it tastes great. Well Its called Ghee roast , but do not be afraid! there's not much ghee in there in my recipe:)


Ingredients

  • 4 Chicken full legs with Thighs
  •  2 Tbsp Kashmiri Chili
  • 1/4 Tsp Cumin Powder
  • 1/4 Tsp Coriander powder
  • 2 Tbsp Ghee/Clarified Butter
  • 1 Tsp Coconut Oil
  • 1/2 Tsp Turmeric Powder
  • 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
  • Salt as per taste
Method: Marinade Chicken with Lime Juice, salt & Turmeric powder for at least an hour. Cook this chicken in a Pan with little water & keep it aside. Now take half cup of water & mix Chili,cumin, coriander powder & set aside. In  heavy bottom Pan / Kadai add in the Ghee/ Clarified Butter & the mixed masala. Cook this on low heat for 3 to 5 mins till you see fat separation. Finally add in the cooked chicken , stir well & cook for another 5 minutes on low heat. Once the masala is blended well into chicken finally add in the coconut oil & turn off the gas.  Yummy easy Chicken Ghee roast is ready. 

Note:
  • Use Kashmiri Chili as its not very spicy so you can freely add in 2 Tbsp. If not this dish will get unbearably  hot:)
  • Adding coconut oil at the end enhances the taste of this dish.
  • There is no added color in this dish. The Kashmiri Chili gives this deep red color to the dish 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by and leaving a lovely comment...Your comments means a lot to me and; it defenitley does motivate me to do more. Happy to have you in my space &; hope to see you again soon.

Sheela:)