Thursday 3 May 2012

Mixed vegetable in Onion Sauce


Mixed vegetable in Onion Sauce

I have been making more veg food these days. I have decided to seriously lose weight this time (Like I always sayJ) before my Son Zion’s 1st bday. I can’t believe there’s only another month left. Gosh… time really flies fast. My lill boy is all grown up now & I still remember he was so tiny weighed just 2.2 kg. Although he was born 5 weeks premature, he quickly got back to normal. May & June are the celebration months for us at home. This month it’s our 3 rd wedding Anniversary + my bday. June 14th my hub’s B’day & 15th My Son's . With so many celebrations & good food… not sure how many kgs Ill manage to loseL. Well I was really bored making the regular veggie food so tried some twist with the same ingredients.

Ingredients:
1 cup medium chopped Mixed Vegetable (I used Carrots, Beans & Cauliflower)
1 Big Onion Chopped
1 Tomato
1 Tsp. Ginger
1 Tsp. Garlic
1 Green Chili Chopped
¼ Tsp. Cinnamon Powder
1 Tbsp. Oil
Salt as per taste
1 Tbsp Spring Onions to garnish

Method: In a pan fry Garlic, ginger &  onions till they are translucent. Now remove them & grind ti a smooth paste. Add the paste back to the same pan. Add in Tomatoes, vegetables, 1 cup of water & salt. Close a tight lid & cook this on medium flame for about 8 mins or till the vegetables are cooked. Finally add in the green Chili, Cinnamon powder & simmer for 2 mins. Add in more water if required. This is a semi thick gravy & goes well with Dry Roti/Chapatis

Note:
  • ·   I add in green chili at last because it gives a nice flavour to the dish
  • ·   The main gravy is Onion sauce & the gravy will be somewhat whitish colour
  • ·   You can add in any vegetable you may want
  • ·   You can also add chicken stock if you want the tinch of chicken flavour

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by and leaving a lovely comment...Your comments means a lot to me and; it defenitley does motivate me to do more. Happy to have you in my space &; hope to see you again soon.

Sheela:)