Thursday 9 July 2015

Okra Stir Fry (Video recipe)



I have been thinking of making quick recipe videos for years now. Some how i get busy with something or the other. My baking business is one thing that has kept me extremely busy. Today even though I had so much to do, I had determined myself to make one simple recipe video. One veg side dish is always part of our dinner. Today I found some organic Okras in HEB & decided to make it as side dish for dinner. The recipe is Indian style & a very simple version one. This can be had with Rice, Rotis or just like that. 

Making time: 10 mins
cooking time: 5 mins
serves: 3- 4 people

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups chopped Okra(Ladies finger)
  • 2 tbsp Oil
  • salt as per taste
  • 1/2 tspn mustard seeds
  • 3-4 tbspn chopped onions
  • 3 tbsp grated coconut
  • 10-2 curry leaves


Method:

  1. Add oil into the pan, Once its heated crackle mustard seeds, add in chopped onions, curry leaves & saute for few seconds. 
  2. Now add chopped Okras, salt & saute. 
  3. Close lid & cook for 2 minutes  on medium heat.
  4. Remove the lid & saute for few seconds & close lid & cook for another 2 minutes
  5. Now garnish it with grated coconut. 
  6. Simple Okra stir fry is ready. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by and leaving a lovely comment...Your comments means a lot to me and; it defenitley does motivate me to do more. Happy to have you in my space &; hope to see you again soon.

Sheela:)