Wednesday 15 July 2015

Tawa Paneer (Video Recipe)



This week is again a very very busy week for me. I am having 6 cake orders this weekend. I am kind of mentally preparing myself. I am trying to make all the figurines ahead of time. I have also made my ready cake packets like box mix:). This will definitely save time. 

Tawa Paneer is one of our favorite Paneer dish in the house. I make this dish at least once a week. This dish goes very well with Rotis. I made this yesterday & thought will make a video recipe. This is a super simple dish & extremely tasty



Serves: 4 people
Making time: 30- 40 mins
Total time: 1.40 mins


Ingredients:

  • 1.5 cups Paneer cubes
  • 1/2 cup yogurt
  • 2 tbspn Tomato paste
  • 2 tspn chili powder
  • 1/2 tspn turmeric powder
  • 1 tbspn Tandoori Masala (Everest Brand or any other)
  • Salt as per taste
  • Tomato puree from 2 medium tomatoes
  • 1 medium onions chopped
  • 1 tbspn ginger paste
  • 1 tbspn Garlic paste
  • 1 tspn cumin seeds
  • 1 tspn carrom seeds (Ajwain
  • Coriander leaves for garnishing
  • 3 tbspn Oil


Method:

  1. Make a marinade using yogurt, tomato paste, salt, turmeric, chili & tandoori masala powder
  2. Marinade the Paneer for 1 hour or if you are in a hurry you can use it right away too. 
  3. In a pan heat oil & fry the Paneer until the gravy thickens for about 3 minutes
  4. Once the Paneer is done, remove set aside. 
  5. Into the same Pan add cumin seeds & carrom seeds. Add the onions, ginger garlic & saute for few minutes.
  6. Add the tomato puree into the pan & cook until fat separation for about 5 minutes. Keep sauteing in between & also close lid & cook. 
  7. Once the masala is ready add in the tawa fried Paneer in to the masla & mix well. 
  8. Cook this for about a minute & garnish it with coriander leaves. 


Note:

  1. You can also add some water or cream if you want gravy.
  2. This is a semi dry dish & goes well with rice & roti. 



1 comment:

  1. i am surely trying this on the weekend
    Kisses,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Stopping by and leaving a lovely comment...Your comments means a lot to me and; it defenitley does motivate me to do more. Happy to have you in my space &; hope to see you again soon.

Sheela:)