Sunday 6 May 2012

Paneer in Soya Sauce

I don't know which day it was in last week I dint have any veggies nor non veg to cook. My lill boy was down with fever for 5 days & I hadn't had time to do my grocery shopping. The only thing that was there in the fridge was Paneer. I wanted to make something really fast that could go with steamed rice, so just took some Paneer & stir fried them with soya sauce. This turned out really good. This dish will go well with Rice items. Preferably Basmati or Long Grain Rice. Here is the recipe


Ingredients


1 cup cubed Paneer
1 Large Onion diced
1 tbsp Garlic chopped
1 Tbsp Ginger chopped
2 Green chili chopped
2 Tbsp Light Soya Sauce
2 Tbsp Dark Soya Sauce
1 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup
1 Tbsp Oil
1/2 cup water
Salt as per taste
1/2 Tbsp Corn Flour mixed with 1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp Spring Onions to garnish


Method:
In a Pan add oil fry ginger garlic for a minute. Add in Onions saute for few minutes. Now add Paneer, green Chili, all the sauces, 1/2 cup water & cook for 2- 3 minutes. Finally add in the corn flour mixture to thicken the sauce & simmer for a minute. Garnish this with spring Onions.


Note: 

  • Dont cook Paneer for too long as this can get rubbery
  • Make it fresh & eat it fresh as reheating will spoil the taste & texture of Paneer & sauce



Serves 3

2 comments:

  1. this dish looks fantastic. pic is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx Kanan:)
    I was just going through your blog & its fantastic! I see there are a lot of Gujarati food. I haven't tried any Gujarati food so far & will definitely try your recipes soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Stopping by and leaving a lovely comment...Your comments means a lot to me and; it defenitley does motivate me to do more. Happy to have you in my space &; hope to see you again soon.

Sheela:)