Friday 22 November 2013

Donuts


My little one loves Donuts & every time we are outside, I make it a point to buy donuts for him for snacks. Since he likes it, I decided to make donuts at home & this one I made exactly a year ago I guess! I cant tell you how good these turned out:) They were so soft & tasty, in fact better than the store brought ones. Since then I kept making donuts at home, as everyone at home loved them. A friend of mine kept asking for donuts recipe & I kept telling her look up my blog & its there. Upon doing some research in my blog, I realized that I haven't uploaded donuts recipe:( How on earth I could forget to upload them! My bad:(. Since I again made some donuts yesterday, I am uploading the recipe now. These donuts are very easy to make & can be had any time of the day.


Makes 15 donuts

Preparation time: 15 mins
Total making time: 1 hour

Ingredients:
  • 3 cups flour
  • 2 tspn Yeast
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 eggs
  • 4 Tbspn sugar
  • 1/4 tspn salt
  • 3 Tbspn melted Butter
  • 1/4 cup warm water
For the sugar glaze
  • 1/2 cup of icing sugar
  • 6 Tbspn hot water
  • 1/4 tspn Vanilla essence
  • 1 Tbspn melted Butter
Direction:
  1. Place the yeast, water and 4 tablespoon of the sugar in a bowl and set aside for 10 minutes. The mixture will start to foam (bubble), indicating that the yeast is active.
  2. In a bowl add milk, melted butter, salt, eggs & mix well.
  3. In a large mixing bowl, add flour make a well in the centre. Add the Milk mixture & yeast mixture in the centre & mix the dough well until a sticky dough forms.
  4. Bring the dough together by kneading on a lightly floured surface.
  5. Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover with a kitchen towel and set aside in a warm place for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
  6. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface for 5 minutes or until it feels smooth and elastic when pressed.
  7. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface until 1 cm (1 1/2 inches) thick. Use a round cutter & cut rounds. With a help of essence lid Cut a small hole in the centre of the cut rounds.  
  8. Place on try lined with baking paper, cover with a kitchen towel and set aside in a warm place for 30 minutes or until risen.
  9. Heat the oil in a heavy bottom saucepan over medium-low heat.  Cook the doughnuts few at a time for 1 minute each side or until golden. Drain briefly on paper towels.
For the sugar glaze
  1. Mix warm water, Vanilla essence, melted butter to the icing sugar until its melted & sticky. If you feel the glaze is runny, add some more icing sugar until you get the right consistency.
  2. Pour the glaze into a shallow bowl. Dunk the doughnuts, let any excess glaze drip off, and then transfer them to a wire rack placed on a baking sheet or over a sheet of parchment paper to rest until glaze sets
  3. The donuts are ready & it tastes best when eaten fresh & warm.
  4. If you have left over donuts, you can store them in a airtight container. Just microwave it for 10 seconds before you eat.
  5. If you want you can add any color to the sugar glaze.

4 comments:

  1. I cannot believe you made it :)
    I am inviting you to join my $30 certificate giveaway
    http://www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com/2013/11/dressale-30-certificate-giveaway.html?m=0
    Keep in touch,
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donuts look tempting with that perfect glaze and shape :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really yummy and delicious!
    http://www.rita-bose-cooking.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its so good and will make anyone who love donuts melt immediately. I am not a big fan of it but the recipe will be of great help when my friends kids come over.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for Stopping by and leaving a lovely comment...Your comments means a lot to me and; it defenitley does motivate me to do more. Happy to have you in my space &; hope to see you again soon.

Sheela:)