Monday 1 October 2012

Paneer Mutter Masala

This is one of the common curries I make to go with Rotis. There are many variations of this curry I make. Its all mentioned in the notes. I dont like to stick to just one recipe. I always try to bring out different taste in my cooking. Everytime I make this I try to make it differently. This recipe is a simple one.
 
 



Ingredients: Serves 4

  • 1 Medium size Onion Chopped
  • 1 medium size Tomato
  • 1 cip Paneer cubed
  • 1 cup Green Peas (I used frozen)
  • 1 Tbsp Ginger garlic paste
  • 1/2 Tsp cumin powder
  • 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
  • 1 Tbsp Kashmiri powder
  • 1/2 Tsp Coriander powder
  • 1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
  • 1 Tsp kasoori methi
  • 2 Tbsp Oil
  • Salt as per taste
 
Method:

In a Pan add 1 Tbsp oil, fry ginger garlic paste, onion, tomatoes untill its mushy. Remove from heat. once cooled grind this into a smooth paste. In 1/4 cup of hotwater add all the masalas mentioned above, mix well . In the same pan add another tbsp of oil, ground paste & masala paste.  Let this cook well untill you see fat seperation. At this stage add in frozen peas with 1 cup of hot water & cook this for about 5 to 8 mins until the peas is cooked. Finally add the Paneer & kasoori methi. Close the lid of the pan & cook this for about 2 mins. Easy & healthy Panner mutter masala is ready.

Note:
  • Dont add to much water. This is a semi thick gravy & goes well with rotis.
  • If you want to make it rich & thick, Add 1/ 2 cup of cream or ground cashew paste.
  • I added my masalas in hot water so that it blends well & gives a better flavour. I do this most of the time in my cooking.
  • You can add fresh peas as well.
  • You can soak the frozen peas in hot water to reduce the cooking time or even microwave it for 5 mins & add it directly to the gravy.
  • Some times I also add some chicken stock (Knorr chicken cubes) This will totally bring out a very different flavour.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for Stopping by and leaving a lovely comment...Your comments means a lot to me and; it defenitley does motivate me to do more. Happy to have you in my space &; hope to see you again soon.

Sheela:)